What to Do After a Car Accident in Seattle
Lawyer Assistance After a Car Accident
The shock and anxiety after a car crash, truck accident or motorcycle wreck can be overwhelming. You may not know what to do. The most important thing is to be safe after an accident. Countless victims are further harmed by injuries sustained after the initial accident.
Once you are safe and your injuries are cared for by a doctor, speak to a Seattle personal injury lawyer at the Dubin Law Group to protect your rights. Car accident attorney Matthew D. Dubin represents clients throughout Seattle and the Puget Sound area, including Bellevue, Everett, Tacoma and other communities in King County, Snohomish County, and Pierce County.
What You Should Do After a Car Accident
- Stay safe at the accident scene: Leave the car where the accident occurred unless it is unsafe to do so. If you cannot leave your car where the accident happened, safely pull to the side of the road and remain in your car after an accident. Additional injuries can occur if precautions are not taken after an accident.
- Call the police: Contact emergency personnel right away after an accident. The police will take statements and preserve evidence and witnesses. If police refuse to come out because the accident was in a private parking lot or there were no injuries, get the insurance information, address and phone number from the other driver, as well as contact information for any witnesses.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries: Go to the emergency room, if necessary, or see your primary care physician as soon as possible after an accident regardless of whether your injuries are serious injuries or minor injuries.
- Contact the Dubin Law Group: Speak to a Seattle car crash lawyer who will protect your rights after an accident. Attorney Dubin focuses on the details of the accident so that you can focus on your recovery.
Protecting Your Rights When Talking to Insurers
When you contact car crash attorney Matthew D. Dubin, he will advocate for you in discussions with your insurance company. Do not give a statement to your insurance company without an attorney on your side. The insurance company may prevent your recovery if you make one wrong statement. Our law firm knows how to protect your rights after an accident and preserve your personal injury insurance claim.
Document Your Personal Injuries
After a car accident, it is also important to take steps to preserve evidence that will be critical to your claim against your insurance company and the other driver, including:
- Photos of both cars, even if you take them on your cell phone
- Photos of visible injuries, such as bruising, fractures and back injuries
- Daily journal of pain or injuries, such as a record rating your pain, explaining how the pain or injuries affected your daily life, social engagements, work schedule, and relationship with family members
No Recovery, No Fee Representation
Contact a Seattle personal injury lawyer who is dedicated to your needs and capable of recovering full compensation for your personal injury claim. We can come to your hospital or home to provide a free case evaluation. There are no attorney fees unless we recover for you, and we front the costs of experts and resources as needed to win your case.