Were You Injured in a Car Accident?
A serious car accident in Seattle causes not only physical limitations, but also setbacks in your personal life, from relationships to employment. When faced with these difficulties, you deserve full and fair compensation with the help of a Seattle, Everett, or Tacoma car accident attorney, so you can have the means to begin the healing process. An experienced lawyer can help you deal with the legal concerns following your wreck so you can focus on getting better and getting life back to normal. They will look at the facts from every angle, and determine the maximum compensation you are able to recover.
Car Accident Lawyers in Seattle
At the Dubin Law Group, our Seattle car accident lawyers provide skilled, vigorous representation for car accident victims and families that have lost a loved one in a fatal car accident. Seattle car accident lawyer Matthew D. Dubin has more than 25 years of experience in personal injury law, and the attorneys of the Dubin Law Group combine for over 100 years of experience. They are passionate about helping injured people and holding negligent parties accountable.
Let Our Car Accident Attorneys Do the Work
If you suffered whiplash, broken bones, back injuries, herniated disc, or other serious injuries in a car accident, you need to focus on your health, not the law. Our car accident lawyers in Seattle strive to free our clients from worrying about the legal aspects of an accident. Let us deal with hassles over insurance disputes, doctors’ bills and auto repairs.
Over the last 25 years, car accident attorney Matthew D. Dubin and the attorneys of the Dubin Law Group have helped thousands of clients obtain fair settlements and favorable verdicts. Matt and our team of Seattle car accident attorneys know how to investigate accident scenes, interview witnesses and build strong cases. Whether your case can be resolved through negotiation or can only be resolved in court, we have the knowledge and skill to help you get the compensation you need and deserve. We often obtain compensation for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Physical pain and suffering
- Lost wages and lost future earnings
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Emotional pain and lost services (companionship, parenting)
- Property damage and deductibles
If your child was injured in a car accident, there are special considerations to discuss. Child injuries are different, and we know how to handle them.
What You Should Do After a Car Accident
- Stay safe at the accident scene: Leave the car where the accident occurred unless it is unsafe to do so. If you cannot leave your car where the accident happened, safely pull to the side of the road and remain in your car after an accident. Additional injuries can occur if precautions are not taken after an accident.
- Call the police: Contact emergency personnel right away after an accident. The police will take statements and preserve evidence and witnesses. If police refuse to come out because the accident was in a private parking lot or there were no injuries, get the insurance information, address and phone number from the other driver, as well as contact information for any witnesses.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries: Go to the emergency room, if necessary, or see your primary care physician as soon as possible after an accident regardless of whether your injuries are serious injuries or minor injuries.
- Contact the Dubin Law Group: Speak to a Seattle car crash lawyer who will protect your rights after an accident. Attorney Dubin focuses on the details of the accident so that you can focus on your recovery.
Protecting Your Rights When Talking to Insurers
When you contact car crash attorney Matthew D. Dubin, he will advocate for you in discussions with your insurance company. Do not give a statement to your insurance company without an attorney on your side. The insurance company may prevent your recovery if you make one wrong statement. Our law firm knows how to protect your rights after an accident and preserve your personal injury insurance claim.
Document Your Personal Injuries
After a car accident, it is also important to take steps to preserve evidence that will be critical to your claim against your insurance company and the other driver, including:
- Photos of both cars, even if you take them on your cell phone
- Photos of visible injuries, such as bruising, fractures and back injuries
- Daily journal of pain or injuries, such as a record rating your pain, explaining how the pain or injuries affected your daily life, social engagements, work schedule, and relationship with family members
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer?
At the Dubin Law Group, we represent all of our clients on a contingency fee. That means we don’t get paid unless you win. The consultation is absolutely free, and after you hire us there are no out-of-pocket expenses. If you’ve been injured and it was someone else’s fault, you might be entitled to compensation. Contact the Dubin Law Group 24/7. Our team represents clients throughout Seattle and the Puget Sound area, including Bellevue, Everett, Tacoma and other communities in King County, Snohomish County, and Pierce County.
Car Accidents and Insurance Issues in Washington
Your initial medical bills are covered by your own PIP (no-fault) insurance. If your insurer balks, our attorneys step in to make sure the company fulfills its obligations. The insurance company can require an independent medical exam by its own doctor, in which case an employee of our firm may accompany you to keep the doctor honest. If the other driver is uninsured, underinsured, or flees the scene, our car accident lawyers in Seattle can help you recover compensation from your own insurance company, if you have the right coverage.
Liability in Washington is based on who was at fault for causing the crash. Often police officers are more focused on making sure everyone is safe than on determining fault. Both insurance companies will likely also conduct their own investigations, but they can be biased and self-serving. Having an experienced car accident lawyer on your side early in the process can help make sure the investigation is done properly. At the Dubin Law Group we often retain an independent investigator to interview witnesses, review the scene and the damage to the vehicles, and examine all other relevant evidence.
Washington is a comparative fault state, which means even if you are partially at-fault for causing the collision, you may be entitled to compensation. For example, if a jury determines that your injuries are worth $100,000 but your were 20% at fault for causing the collision, you could still recover $80,000 at trial.
Contact a Seattle Car Accident Lawyer Today!
To schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your car accident with a dedicated Seattle car accident lawyer, call 206-462-4428. You can also contact our law office online. Mr. Dubin makes home and hospital visits when needed.
Our car accident attorneys handle all personal injury cases on a contingent fee basis, meaning you will pay no attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.