Helping You Get Life

Back On Track


Bike Accident Lawyers in Everett


Are You A Bicycle Rider? Do You Know What To Do After You’ve Been Involved In A Collision With A Motor Vehicle?

If you’re on a bicycle and are involved in an accident with a motor vehicle you need to take your next steps wisely. What is done, said, and observed in the aftermath can be critical.

A bike rider should wait for the police to arrive after an accident with a motor vehicle. You want a police officer to take and file a police report. That’s because some drivers may deny that an accident was their fault after the accident has occurred. An at-fault driver may deny it was them or that the accident ever happened. Leaving the scene can make it impossible to identify the at-fault driver.

At the time of the accident your adrenaline can be pumping and you may not even know you’re hurt. If you are hurt, you may think that it is a minor injury, only to find out later that it’s a much bigger injury than you thought, possibly requiring surgery.

A police officer will document everything at the scene. Make sure to tell the officer your side of the story. The at-fault driver may be ticketed. This can be useful for negotiations and settlement of a personal injury claim in the future.

Try to collect as much information as you can. Make sure you get all the information about the driver even if the police arrive. You will also want to take pictures of any and all property damage done to your bike and safety equipment like your helmet. Make sure to seek immediate medical attention for any and all injuries. A medical record will serve as proof of you injuries. Finally make sure to document exactly what happened in your own words.

It’s Not As Simple As You Think

As you can see there are several issues that can and will arise when dealing with bicycle accidents. In Washington State a bicyclist who has automobile insurance can still collect from their own insurance even though they were not driving when the accident occurred. This can be done through Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured motorist protection also known as UM/UIM. A main concern can be getting medical bills paid for. In Washington State the at-fault drivers insurance pays the amount of the bicyclist’s medical expenses up to the Personal Injury Protection limits. This is also known as PIP and is paid regardless of whether it is the bicyclists fault or not. It can be very difficult to obtain either PIP or UM/UIM payment from insurance companies when you’ve been involved in a bicycle accident.

Here at the Dubin Law Group, our Everett bicycle accident lawyers have experience dealing with insurance companies. We know how to deal with not only the at-fault drivers insurance who caused the collision, but your insurance as well. We are well suited to handle any and all personal injury cases. We pride ourselves on compassion and vigorously fighting on behalf of our clients.

Contact a Bike Accident Lawyer Today!

If you’ve been injured on a bicycle or involved in any kind of motor vehicle collision and do not have PIP, UM/UIM, or are experiencing any difficulties dealing with the insurance company, our experienced Everett bike accident lawyers can help. To schedule a free consultation to discuss your collision, call us at 206-800-8000. You can also contact our Everett law office online. Our Everett attorneys make home and hospital visits when needed. We handle all personal injury cases on a contingent fee basis. This means you will not pay attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.