When car accidents harm Seattle residents, they can find assistance by reaching out to an experienced law firm. While a good attorney is prepared to move mountains on your behalf, you still have an important role to play in your case. It is the spirit of collaboration between lawyer and client that gets the most favorable results in an accident claim.
You might wonder what possible contribution you can make to your case. The answer is simpler than you may think. First, you can be completely honest with your attorney about the details of your car accident. This ensures that you and your lawyer are always on the same page and are well-prepared for any hurdles that might come your way.
You can also contribute to your case by providing your attorney with as much documentation about the accident as possible. Examples of good documentation include the following.
- Any information exchanged between parties just after a crash
- Records detailing the nature of your physical and psychological harm
- Copies of police reports related to the car accident
- Copies of your insurance policy and proof of your premium payments
- Any photos you or an insurance representative took following the accident
- Income records to acquire compensation for wages lost due to the crash
- Copies of any statements you might have made to your insurance company
Proper documentation helps in a couple of ways. If you are seeking appropriate compensation from your insurer, the right information can support your claim. If you are considering a personal injury lawsuit, such information helps your lawyer strengthen your case. Consulting with a lawyer can help you determine exactly what kind of additional documentation, if any, will benefit your claim.