You wake to the sound of sirens and the fire brigade cutting you out of your car. You notice the world is upside down. Then the pain hits you.
If you have a car accident, there could be many reasons for the pain. These are some of the injuries you could suffer:
- Cuts and bruises: Scratches and bruises are minor compared to some injuries you could suffer, but they matter. If you work as a model or are about to get married, having two black eyes and a broken nose is not a good look.
- Broken bones: While most bone breaks mend, they can leave you unable to do things such as cooking, bathing, walking, working or driving.
- Broken ribs: Flailing ribs can puncture your lung or other organs if not treated carefully and immobilized.
- Ligament damage: Sprains or tears can take a long time to heal. They may never be the same again.
- Blood loss: Bleeding can be fatal. While other injuries, such as a bone sticking out of your leg, can appear more horrific, blood loss is far more urgent to deal with.
- Brain or organ damage: Organs are soft and delicate and can be damaged by the forces involved in a crash, by broken ribs or even by your seat belt.
- Spinal damage: Some people never walk again after a car crash.
- Emotional trauma: Everyone reacts differently after a car crash. While some people hop straight back into the driver seat as soon as they can, some never will. Others may have trouble sleeping or suffer flashbacks.
If you were in a Seattle car crash, consider legal help to claim compensation for your injuries.