That’s Who We Are
At least once a month we get a call from somebody who was injured in an accident, hired a lawyer and now wants to fire that lawyer and hire us. The most common reason these people give for wanting to fire their lawyer is LACK OF COMMUNICATION. These situations are always sensitive. First, we’re not really interested in stealing clients from other attorneys. Second, changing your lawyer mid-stream can have some adverse effects on a claim. We usually encourage the client to try to work things out with their existing lawyer, but if the relationship has already been irreparably harmed and the claim is sound, we will take on their case.
It is precisely our emphasis on the RELATIONSHIP with our clients that keeps them with us, coming back years after their original case with another legal matter and referring their friends and family to us with confidence that we will treat them with respect and dignity, listen to their concerns, empower them with information, and always keep the lines of communication open.
When a new client meets with us for the first time, we always tell them a few important things:
- We understand that we work for you, not the other way around. We may ask you to do certain things to help move your case forward, but it is and will always be YOUR CASE.
- We are committed to our client’s satisfaction. If you are concerned about something we are doing, or not doing, we want to hear about it. That way we can either explain why we are doing things a certain way, or we can change it to meet your expectations.
- If you are worrying about anything related to your case, your medical bills, the impact on your work or anything other than getting better and getting your life back to normal, then we’re not doing our job. There are some problems we can’t solve, but we know what to do and we want to try to take care of these issues so you can focus on recovering from your injuries and getting your life back on track.
- You get to make the major decisions related to your case. We may make day to day tactical decisions about how to best advance your case, but we will NEVER accept or reject a settlement, file a lawsuit, or make any other major decision that affects your case without your consent. It’s our job to make sure you have all of the necessary information to make the best decisions for you and your family. It’s your right to make those decisions for yourself.
- You always, always, always have a right to speak directly to your lawyer. If we can take your call immediately, we will do so. If we are in court, or working on another client’s case, we’ve instructed all of our staff to make sure you get scheduled for a conference call with your lawyer within 24 hours of your call. This time will be set aside just for you, and you will get your lawyer’s undivided attention.
Frankly, it’s the relationships we develop with our clients that make what we do so fun and rewarding. If you have been our client in the past, we hope we made the aftermath of your accident a bit less traumatic. If you haven’t had to use our services, we sincerely hope you will never need to. But if you or someone you know does get hurt in an accident, you can be sure that we will treat them with the same respect, courtesy and professionalism that we would expect ourselves.
That’s just who we are.